Friday, September 4, 2009

I GOT A FEELIN...


TONIGHTS GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT...

It's Labor Day wknd folks! time to ditch the crackberrys, log off outlook, loosen your tie and leave your office drama at the office. 

Unfortunately and fortunately for me, I am on a flight (yes, wifi on the plane-- soooo coooool) to work the next few days, but for a good cause. Come Labor Day wknd means COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I am en route to Atlanta, Georgia to celebrate the return of College GameDay. 

It is going to be a hell of a season. A lot of potential sleeper teams ready to creep up, probably the most solid Heisman race to date (Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Pryor), and some really interesting schedules. Last night kicked off College Football with some Thursday night games on ESPN. Did anybody see those punches thrown in the Ducks/Broncs game? Interesting way to kick off the season. I cannot wait to see what we have in store.

6 of the  most powerhouse College Football Coaches own spots 1-6 in the AP poll- Urban, Mack Brown, Stoops, Carroll, Saban and Tressell. It will be a race to the top. 

Its virtually not a terrible schedule for top ten teams in week 1-- though somebody WILL get knocked out being that VA Tech v Alabama play one another. I already look ahead to some real landscape shakers: USC/Ohio State-- DOOZY. You  best understand that I will be front and center at that game. 

For this wknd, I am going to settle with the Top Ten matchup: Bama/Va Tech. Who do you take? I suspect a Bama upset. Go Hokies. I think. 

I met Coach Saban this past summer- not the nicest man. and his SID is even worse. real chip on their shoulder and constantly stressed out. Thats not what its about. If you have ever met the Mack Browns and Pete Carrolls-- you remember...these men are coaching College kids. They are powerful, strict, but also are very lighthearted. Nobody can ever say being a prick will win you Championships (you hear that Saban and Weiss!!) 

Alright- time to sign off for now. 

and how about that biking piece? sure makes me want to jump on my bike this wknd. 

Happy Labor Day to all and GOOOOO BUCKS!

-P going Southern. 

1 comment:

  1. ND will be 10-2 this year, losing to MSU, USC or Pitt. This team is going to be like Quinn's junior year.. but with a defense.

    Everyone will cry that ND doesn't deserve to be in a BCS game and it won't matter because Florida will beat a Big 12 team in the title game.

    OSU will lose to USC, MSU, Illinois and Michigan.

    ReplyDelete