Tuesday, July 28, 2009

closing Tuesday thoughts

Great evening for a bike ride...

Jumped on the F after my long day at the office. Had a pretty intense work day. Sat with our SVP and talked about life goals. Its hard in this economy to really have career goals...if I had a penny for every time I hear- you should be happy you have a job...sigh. Its a circle really. In order to produce good work, people must be motivated and passionate. People can only really be motivated and passionate to an extreme without a long term goal. When that long term goal is put at a stand still (due to the economy)- your motivation and passion have to come from within and stick it through the long haul...without real direction of where you will go next- this thought process in itself can be a big ole downer.

SVP's out there, VPs, Managers, Friends, Parents, Boyfriends, Girlfriends-- encourage...motivate...educate...challenge your peers today.

Tell them:

Well its time to get creative...maybe start a blog...ha...but really, if we can't move up the corporate ladder- your challenges must come from different places...

What are your goals?

Mine? I want to write a children's book. I want this blog to be great. I want to get healthy. I want to travel. I want to cook more.

I got off the F and went for a bike ride with B....got up that hill at Prospect Park that always makes me sweat-- and felt good. small victory.

I'm going to listen to that new Mew (unreleased)...and eat some chickpaddy/mac n cheese + spinach.

xo

2 comments:

  1. So true, P. Status quo does nothing for inspiration. If the economy slowing down means that we have to slow down too, I think that might not be such a bad thing. As thrilling as a work accomplishment can be, nothing beats the other goals. Thanks for sharing yours. I just came up with a new one: Nature Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love that Anne-- How Barbara Kingsolver of you!

    **Read: Prodigal Summer**

    ReplyDelete