Friday, July 31, 2009

A few Chinatown Recommendations


Manhattan Chinatown is not only a place to eat Chinese food or buy fake handbags.  Here are just a few things I did when I was in Chinatown yesterday...


1.  Massage
Fishion Herb Center
107 Mott Street, Rear
tel  212-966-8771
hours 10-8pm
 
Even though this place is not that fancy, it has great business.  Very affordable! A one hour full body massage is only $35.  I went in for a quick 20 minute foot massage yesterday.  Only $14! Other places usually charge $1 a for each minute.  


2.  BEST Bubble Tea!
Ten Ren Tea Time
79 Mott Street 
tel  212-721-7178

In my opinion (and I've tried many bubble tea places in Chinatown, lived in China last year, and visited Taiwan) this is one of the best places to have bubble tea.  They use real tea, no artificial powder.  There is a huge selection too.
My favorite is the Red Bean Shredded Ice...YUMMY!  


3.  Thai Grocery Store (yes, Thai, not Chinese!)
Bangkok Center Grocery
104 Moscow Street (Between Mott and Mulberry Street)
tel  212-732-8916
hours  10-8pm

This place was recommended by my sister, Gale who can cook awesome Thai food!  I came upon a pad Thai recipe in the NY Times two days ago and decided to take a trip out here to buy some ingredients and make a Thai dinner for my friends Shirley, P, B, and S.  I loved it here because it was neatly organized, clean, and the owner was extremely helpful.  

More Chinatown recommendations later...so stay tuned!
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment