Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Like a rocket through meeee

After waiting for 45 minutes for MEW to take the stage, I had high expectations....and they didn't let me down. While MEW played some of their new stuff- they were definitely feeling the crowd and played some favorites. "Special" took the party to the next level.

"There is an extra special nervous when we play New York City"- MEW told us yesterday and it didnt seem cliche or something they said at every show. It felt genuine in the small walls of Music Hall of Williamsburg. These guys were right on in regards to feeling the crowd- taking a read- and playing the right song. I bopped my head for the full 2 hours. They inspired me last night. I created a business plan that consisted of me leaving Corporate America and going on tour with one of my favorite bands. Set me free...that is what MEW did to the crowd and to my brain last night.

Often elf like- sometime chipmunk sounding- MEW has such a unique natural sound and doesn't put out bad music. Definitely can listen to every song of theirs....and if you listen hard enough- you can tell that every beat is there for a reason. When they came out- they were untraditionally campfire esq...a few guitars/one solo light/ very acoustic feeling. It took the crowds energy to turn MEW on and for their infamous light/graphics show to begin. Beautiful...

We had the honor to have a few beers with the band after the show. Just everyday guys- with cute accents- looking to have a brew post a brilliant show. I chatted with the keyboardist for a moment. We chatted about deep dish pizza and the city of Chicago-- where they are headed today.

Short commute to Williamsburg. Stella. MEW. B. Vietnamese Sandwiches. Wheat Thins. Puff. Good night.

Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment